Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's for Dinner?

Oh the infamous question of "What's for Dinner?"

When I was growing up, my Mom always made dinner. Every night at 5:30 a complete meal was placed on the table, a prayer was said and 9 of us ate together.

Oh how things have changed. My family eats together sometimes and when we do, it is a feat.

Here are some of the meals of the last week...

The 20 boxes of opened cereal, 40 un-opened boxes still in the pantry.

Dinner with the family at Red Robbin. The endless fries with ranch were great, the kids meals were really yummy with awesome choices of sides. They were so kid friendly.

I was able to go out to dinner with my wonderful friends Lori, Judy & Betty from back in the days of Manzanita. We had a yummy Olive Garden with multiple desserts. I love those ladies and I miss seeing them everyday.


Legend Springs School night out at Chick-fil-A. Carsen was so excited to hang out with Bessie the cow...


Jake wasn't quite as receptive. He hid under the table anytime the cow was near.

Derek's teacher, Mrs. Fitz, was the champion of the milk shake drinking contest. Derek made a cool poster and we had the entire restaurant chanting, "FITZ!", "FITZ!", "FITZ!"



Last week Randi and I both cooked a couple meals and shared,

maybe next week will be a little better.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! What my kids wouldn't have given for a few of those boxes of cereal!! It was parents night off today... last vacation day before work tomorrow!
    Mic

    ReplyDelete