Monday, March 15, 2010

Jake -n- Stiches (4/7)

After we finished dinner, Randi hurried back to the room for a little surprise. She decorated the boys room with a happy birthday banner, streamers and balloons. She also set out a new Disney cup and Mickey shirt for each boy. They were so excited by the surprise and Randi's was equally as tired so we left her to rest while we hot the hot tub!

On the way back from our soak amongst 20 teenagers, Jake slipped and hit his chin on the concrete side walk. He was stunned and started crying so I scooped him up and headed to the room. Once I got into the light I could see blood. I had hoped that the cut was small, but it was not.

After jumping through some dumb Disney security and nurse protocol, we were given the location of the closest hospital and we were off.
Jake was able to sleep through most of the waiting and chaos. I was lucky enough to hold him for about 3 hours.

Poor Carsen finally feel asleep after midnight sometime.

The doctor made the very wise decision to deaden the area with 3 doses of a topical ointment.
Once the area was ready they put him in a papoose and a large, male nurse held Jake's head very securely as the doctor stitched.

Jake got 7 stitches in all. The doctor did a great job.

We were finally got back to the hotel and in bed at 2 am!

What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment