Kids randomly say cute things. They all do. It is one of the ways that kids make you love them after they completely ruin something you love, or after they cry for hours, or barf all over the carpet. Here are a couple first hand cuties that my boys have said in the last week. I just don't want to forget.
Carsen has an obsession with money. He loves to collect it and then he counts it over and over. This summer he collected pressed pennies from our CA trips and some other cool coins too. During our adventure he realized that quarters have different pictures on the back. Anthony, being the awesome dad that he is, brings the boys home these quarters in his pocket at the end of week. If they have done well with school & chores, then they get to share the quarters. Last week Carsen excitedly ran up to Anthony and asked, "Dad, do you have the New Hamster quarter for me yet?" Anthony grinned and told him that he was still looking for the New Hampshire quarter.
Another cute story is about Jake. Again during our CA road trip we passed the thousands of miles looking for different things out the window. Some days it was letters, or numbers, license plates and even emergency vehicles. Nana is always looking for slug bugs where alone or with a car of people. We all had a lot of fun these games in the car. Now when Jake and I run errands, he always wants to look for things. Last week we looked for buses and fire trucks. When those were hard to find we looked for ambulances and police cars. We hit the jack pot when we saw an accident. I said, "Jake look at all those vehicles, police car, fire truck and ambulance. How many does that make?" He responded, "Mom is that a real rescue? Wow. They are performing a real rescue." I laughed out loud at the intelligent observation and cute commentary.
I wish I could write down every fun thing they say each day...why don't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment