Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sand Delivery

In preparation for Jake's birthday, we decided to order some sand to top off the sand box.  It hadn't been filled for about 8 years and was not much more than a half full box of hard as a rock sand/dirt.  We figured we needed about 5 tons of sand and when it was delivered I was a bit overwhelmed.  The boys on the other hand were delighted.


Not only were they excited to play in the huge pile, but all the kids in the neighborhood were too!


They played all afternoon and evening, long past dark.

The next morning Carsen had his last football game and trophy party and then we headed home to tackle the huge pile waiting in the driveway.  The boys and I cleaned the leaves out of the sandbox, while Anthony started loading wheelbarrows and taking them into the back yard.  Once we were done, we started to shovel the sand while Anthony drove the wheelbarrows.  I tried and man, they were way too heavy!  After 1 1/2 hours, we had only made a small dent in the pile, so I came up with a plan.

Sydney and I headed to Home Depot to look for help.  It was already 2 pm and I was afraid there wouldn't be anyone looking for work at that late hour.  Luckily, there were 2 guys just waiting for me.  Sydney had her mace ready as we picked up and drove our new friends to the house.  Within 30 minutes the pile of sand was taken care of  and the driveway clean!  That was the best 10 bucks ever spent!

1 comment: