Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of a New School Year!

Today was a much anticipated day.  The boys were wishing for a longer summer and nervous about their new teachers and classmates.  I on the other hand have been waiting for this day for 138 months.  All my kids in school, all day and no babysitter.  What a wonderful feeling of freedom.


Derek began 6th grade with Mr. Gooding.  This is his first male teacher, but he is excited to be able to switch classes throughout the day.


Carsen is now in 3rd grade with Mrs. Huber.  After a horrible teacher last year, he is looking forward to doing more than just worksheets.  He was all smiles today before AND after school.


Jake started Kindergarten in the morning with Mrs. Adams and in the afternoon with Mrs. Barbee.  This is our first August without Lori and although we are really missing her already, Jake is ready to be with his big brothers.  He loved his first day and even prayed tonight for "a lot more great school days like today." 


On a funny note, while waiting in the very hot sun for the gate to open Jake said, "I am sweating to the death!"


Jake was happy to play with his friend and neighbor Lamar.  Although they aren't in the same class, they enjoyed navigating the monkey bars before school.
 

Once Jake had safely made it into the classroom and I had skipped my way back across the campus, I headed out for a relaxing pedicure and lunch with my besties.  I think I am really going to enjoy the next 9 months!

1 comment:

  1. oh girl! tell me more about your freedom and your fun day with your besties - i am going to live through you :)

    ReplyDelete