Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beautiful and Amazing


When Derek was a little boy, about 2 years old, he and Papa Tony planted a sunflower in the back yard.  Together they nurtured that little seed into a tall flower.  It was actually taller than Derek at the time.  Anthony is sure that it grew 10 feet tall.  (I am going to look for the pictures to make sure.)


This year Derek was given a sunflower seed in his 6th grade science class.  He brought it home and planted it in this little planter.  He was sure that he could grow another flower.  I never thought that seed would grow, but grow it did.  I wish I had taken pictures of it when it first peeked through the dirt and then each week as it grew bigger and taller and stronger.  This last week we all anxiously awaited the flowers grand opening.  It really is a miraculous event to watch something grow.  Yes, the boy and the flower.  Beautiful and Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment