Sunday, August 12, 2012

Salmon, Falls & Shopping, PAC NW 6/12

We woke up Thursday morning and headed out to see some sights. My car was loaded with Me driving, Kristi passenger, Randi, Robyn & Cody on the next row and Carsen, Ryan & Jake in the 3rd row.  We followed behind Doug, Billy, Derek and Nick.  I honestly had NO idea where we were going...I was just driving behind Doug, knowing he knew where he was taking us. We arrived at the first place Crown Point, but the weather was not cooperative. We were up on a mountain....trying to look at some waterfalls, but all we could see was grey clouds.

Next, we headed to Multnomah Falls. I, again, had NO idea where we were going, or what I should expect. When we walked up to the falls, I was not disappointed. It was beautiful. Doug said the falls were not running fast, like they do in the Spring. We walked up the path to the bridge level too.







Carsen was a little bit afraid, but he did the hike up to the bridge and got in a few photos. I was proud of him.  Then he headed down with Randi and Derek, Jake and I walked across the bridge and waited for Randi to snap our picture.




When we were done there, we got back in the car(s) and drove to a salmon hatchery. It was a fun place to visit.  The boys loved running to place to place to see all the different kinds of fish. 

 



 

 


I personally loved running from flower to flower to smell and photograph their beauty.  We just don't have flowers like that here in the desert. 








When lunch was done, we found a pizza place for lunch...and Blip was spoiled by Aunt Robyn.  He got to gnaw on some pizza crust...and he was so happy. I doubt he ingested much, but he rubbed that crust on his sore gums and loved it. 

After lunch, Doug took the boys home to play and run wild. The girls (and Blip) all headed to one of the many outlet malls. We didn't have a lot of time shopping, but we had a great time together. The traffic in Portland is a little nuts. On a bad day, it takes hours and hours to get from the outlets to Kristi and Doug's house. On a good day, it takes under an hour. Yikes!


We ate the most delicious homemade Mexican food for dinner. I would weigh about 800 pounds if I was married to Doug. He is incredible with the food. I'm happy on the days my recipes turn out like they should.  Doug cooked several things for us, and they were all amazing. Yum!


Later that night Doug made a fire outside for the boys. I helped Randi feed the baby some baby food for dinner.  Luckily, I am able to help her because she is very stressed about the feeding thing and Cody seems to be uninterested in the food until we are at least half way through the meal.  








After a long, fun-filled day, we all headed to bed so we could wake up early and head to Seattle for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment