Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter 2013


This year Easter was early.  I mean so early that it fell on the last weekend in March, which is my anniversary.  Anthony and I had made plans to go up to Flagstaff before we realized that it was Easter weekend.  Well, we knew that the Easter Bunny would find them at Randi and Mike's so we went ahead with our plans to get away.  We made a good choice because the boys had a great time without us. 

On Friday, Randi and Mike took the kids out to Regina's for the annual dinner and Easter Egg Hunt with all the Rodgers'.   
 
 


 
 
The kids had a great time with their cousins and filling up their baskets with lots of candy filled eggs.
 
 
 
 


Derek has outgrown the "little kid stuff" now that he is a teenager, but will never be too old to help, I mean harass, his brothers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cody ended up with the "Golden Egg" this year, which contained 3 dollars.  I wasn't there so I am not sure how that was rigged, but I think his Nana must love him the most.  I'm just saying...






 
On Saturday morning Mike took the boys out to the lake on his boat for a little fishing.  They all caught fish, but Jake and Carsen loved just riding on the boat when it was going fast the most.
 
 
 

 
In the afternoon Carsen had a birthday party and then the whole Buvala family, 2 parents and 4 boys headed to the mall to see the Easter Bunny.
 
 
Of course Derek, being 13, did not want to get in the picture or talk to the bunny, but I guess I can understand that eventually my babies will grow up.  That really is sad.  I love my little boys.
 
 
 
Easter Morning the boys awoke to find their Easter Baskets filled to the rim with treats and gifts.  The Easter Bunny had also left eggs all over the house for their annual egg hunt.
 

 
Cody was the cutest bunny and loved to have his boys with him all weekend. 

 
In the afternoon, Randi got all the eggs boiled and ready to go, but after 1-2 eggs each, the boys were done.  Randi got to color the rest of the eggs herself.  She did a great job! 
 
 
We picked up the boys mid-afternoon and headed home where they unpacked and retreated to the family room to play x-box.  The boys were happy to be home, but life went on like usual.  I am glad that they had a great Easter with the Buvala's and that we had a great time with just us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment