Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jake's first overnighter


Jake loves to have his friends over.  He wants someone over all the time.  In true Richards fashion he is a home body.  When he is invited over to play at one of his friends' house, he usually tries to get them to come to our house instead.  He has been invited over for several sleepovers, including a couple with Carsen at Brennan's, but he always either refuses or comes home at bed time.  In October, Jake's best friend Ryland called up and asked Jake if he wanted to go up to Payson for the weekend.  It was spur-of-the-moment and I was shocked when he said, "Sure".  So about 30 minutes later Ryland's dad picked him up and the three guys headed up North.  Jake was gone 2 nights and had a blast.  I didn't get a single phone call, just a couple cute pictures.     


The first one was when they first arrived at the RV and it was cold inside.  They warmed up under a blanket while the heater went to work.


The second night I got this picture of the boys having a fire and making s'mores.  Yum.  They had a great time being outdoor and playing football together.  I hope Jake will go on many more fun adventures now that he knows he can!

No comments:

Post a Comment