Monday, December 2, 2013

North Pole Experience

One night in late November I called Randi and told her how sad I was that Jake was missing out on things because Derek and (sometimes) Carsen didn't want to participate…or they were just too old to care about certain things.  I asked her if she wanted to go to Polar Express or the North Pole Experience with me because I didn't want Jake to miss out his last few years of being young and truly believing in the miracle that is Christmas.




She told me she wasn't planning to take Cody this year because he's so young.  We talked a bit longer and I finally got her to cave.  It probably took an entire minute and a half, but it was a huge task!  I had already done the research, so I was able to tell her exactly what times were left on the one day we'd be able to make it happen- December 1st.


We left just before lunch and headed up to Little America Flagstaff.  All the boys were content and happy in the car.  I love going with Cody because he loves everything and the bus/magic trolley was no exception.  His excitement was all encompassing…you couldn't sit there and see/hear him without being happy yourself.  He bounced and danced on Mike's lap…he was soooo happy right up to the point of getting to the North Pole.





After our fun trolley ride through the magic portal, the kids knocked on the door to Santa's work shop. 



First, they were greeted and talked to by elves…. 





Next they were able to help make toys and then went in to explore the giant wrapping room.





After all the hard work, the kids had cookies and snowman soup.  







Up next was Elf University (EU). The kids learned all about what it takes to become one of Santa's elves.  I am happy to say that my boys graduated, with honors!






After EU, we all wrote letters to Santa.  I am usually surprised by the what the kids ask Santa for and this year was no surprise.


I guess Cody (and his parents) want a baby!


Carsen and Jake worked hard to make sure their letters were perfect.







After the letters were complete, we were able to see Mrs. Claus, Santa's sleigh and then the big guy himself.  









After we were done at the North Pole, our cute bus took us back to the hotel.  The boys each picked out a souvenir and then we headed home.  






I'm glad we decided to go.  Cody was a little young, but I'm still glad he went with Jake and Carsen.  Visiting the North Pole was a great way to get the Christmas Season started.

No comments:

Post a Comment