Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Morning 2013


Christmas morning came all too early this year.  Santa came, but he must have been noisy because at 2:00AM Derek was up, eating chicken wings and asking us to get up to open presents.  We sent him back to bed, only to be woken again at 4 AM by Carsen and Jake.  Again we sent them to bed and told them not to come back until 6:30AM.  I rolled over and went back to sleep for what seemed like a few minutes, when Carsen came in to tell me it was 6:30AM and time to get up.  I checked the time on my phone and reluctantly got out of bed. 
 
Anthony followed, but Derek would not get out of bed.  Carsen and Jake opened all of their presents from Mom, Dad and Santa.



Carsen was blessed with a bike, a big Polar Bear, gold & silver rubber bands, coin collecting stuff and a whole lot more.



Jake got an indoor basketball hoop, an over sized pottery barn chair, sports equipment, new clothes and shoes, games and a Nike Duffel bag.




Once Carsen and Jake finished opening their loot, I forced Derek to get up.  He only got up with the threat of returned gifts. 


He came out to open a new Rifle, Rifle Scope, quilt for his new bedroom set and a couple new Nike sleeves for sports.

 
 
 
He was super, duper excited!  As the boys finished going through their gifts, I went into the kitchen to make breakfast.  It was then that I noticed it was only 6:00AM.  Carsen had come into my room and changed the time on my phone while I slept, in order to get me up early!

 
Although he was very tricky, I skipped making breakfast and went back to bed.  I got up late in the morning in time to go to my parents house for a late lunch!

 
Over at Grumpaw and Nana's we had a fun white elephant gift exchange and had a great time with all the siblings/cousins.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was super tricky of Carson! I didn't even know you could change the times on phones, I thought they just automatically set these days.

    ReplyDelete