Saturday, December 13, 2014

Phoenix Temple

As a child I remember people talking about wanting the church to build a temple on the West side of town.  It was all just talk and wishful thinking. I really never thought it would happen.  Well, after years of watching the building be constructed, it is finally finished!  We are so blessed to have the Phoenix Temple just about 5 minutes from our house!







Our family "The Rodgers" wanted to go to the Open House together.  So we planned and got tickets for Monday, October 20.  The kids all got out of school early, changed into their Sunday best and we drove over to park at Wet N Wild.  We met up with the rest of the family that could make it and rode the bus over to the temple.  We also brought with us Margene, her mother Janis and Brennan.






The inside is just as beautiful as the outside.  We all loved the amazing art work.
















Our tour guide told us to look for a red bird on a painting inside the temple.  The kids were on the look out, especially Cody.  He searched for the bird and when he saw it he yelled, "Red Bird! Tweet, Tweet!"  over and over.  He still talks about the red bird at "his temple".








I love my little family (most of the time) and I am glad that we can be a family forever.




I hope we will visit here often because it is a wonderful place of peace.  Our own little piece of heaven on earth.






 


After the temple we all headed over to Uncle Sam's for dinner and discussion.  That is what the Rodgers do best. 



As a side note, I was able to volunteer as a parking attendant on Halloween Morning.  My schedule is always so busy, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to serve at this once in a lifetime event.  I didn't really want to do parking, but that is what there were openings for during one of my open spots.  I even had to be there at 6:30 in the morning!  I am so not a morning person, but it was worth it.  It was great to greet so many people and be their first and last positive experience at the temple.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment