Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Headed to Puerto Rico

We left for Puerto Rico on Sunday. Anthony drop me off at the airport for my American flight. The US Airway's counter check-in was super long and I was worried I wouldn't even make my flight.  Thankfully the American Airlines check-in had no waiting, so I check my bag made it through security and reached for my phone to check-in with Robyn. That was when I realized I had no phone. I had left it on my nightstand. I stood in one spot while I waited for some breakfast and to look for Robyn. Soon enough I saw her walking toward our gate.  She used her phone to send Rodica a Facebook message to please get my phone.  A short while later we boarded the airplane and took off for Dallas. 

Throughout our flight I read a travel book about London and Robyn read a travel guide on Paris.  Before we knew it, we had landed in Dallas and we headed to Chili's for sit down lunch during our long 3.5 hour layover.  After a couple of gate changes and three or four train rides, we boarded our plane to head to San Juan. About an hour into our flight the captain came on and told us there was a cabin pressurization problem, above 35,000ft and we needed to head back to Dallas. Not only did we need to head back to Dallas, we needed to burn off some fuel so we could land safely.  Well, we circled the Dallas area burning off fuel.  The flight attendants gave us each one cup of soda to sustain us and we watched a movie to kill some time.  

A couple hours after the announcement, we finally landed in Dallas. No one told us what was going on now that we had landed, so we just stayed out.  Eventually, the flight attendants told us to get all of our stuff and get off the plane. In the jet way another airline employee told us to head to a different gate and the plane was waiting for us. We went to the restroom and headed straight for the gate. We waited at the next gate for more than an hour.  I guess we needed a new pilot to arrive.  Once a new captain had boarded the plane, they let the rest of us board the airplane. There we sat for another 30 minutes before the captain came on and told us there was a problem with the oil level in the plane. Instead of just adding oil though, the plane had to run the engines for at least 20 minutes before they could add the oil.  After another 30 minutes we finally heard from the captain again who told us we were getting ready for take off. So about five hours past departure time, we headed for San Juan.  It was actually the time we were supposed to be landing in San Juan and we were just leaving. 

During our flight the fasten seatbelt light was on the majority of the time.  It was pretty turbulent.  The flight attendants only passed out water or other beverages at one time during the flight. They did not check on the passengers again nor did they even do a final cabin check before landing.  At about 3.5 hours into the flight I decided that I had to use the restroom or I would have an accident.  As I approached the bathroom, I was reprimanded by one flight attendant for being out of my chair while the fasten seatbelt light was on.  She lectured me on how unsafe it was for about 5 minutes.  
I was so surprised and appalled because she hadn't said a word to the 2 men that had used the restroom in front of me.  I just used the restroom and then returned to my seat.  

We finally landed about three or 330 in the morning.   We got our bags luckily Robyn had a car service ready to pick us up and we headed to the hotel. Once we had checked in, we went up to our room and fell into bed about 430 in the morning. We slept until about noon on Monday.

Once we were up and around we met Diane Douglas, meeting planner extraordinaire, for lunch. After lunch we lounged by the pool and had fantastic chair massages.  We returned to our room to get cleaned up for dinner before we met Diane at the hotel restaurant.  We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and then headed up to the room so Robyn could get to bed early before her big meeting began.  I read in bed until it was time to meet Rodica.  I went down stairs to greet her and then we took her bags up to the room.    We chatted on the balcony for a while before heading to bed.  We had a lot planned for Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment