I'm not sure why I am so nice, but I am. Carsen and Jake have been asking for hamsters for months. Today Carsen came home and told me he had written up his science fair project about hamsters. I told him I would buy them each a hamster for their birthday. That ended up costing $190.00. I guess the hamsters can't live together and so they each needed a cage and all the fixings. The boys are ecstatic for today!
***Update***
less than a week after we got the hamsters Jake was home from school sick. He wanted to pet his hamster. He told me she looked so cute laying out flat like Jaycee does. A few minutes later Jake came down and said she wasn't moving and he didn't know why. I went down to check and sure enough she was dead. Poor Jake cried and cried. We returned her to PetCo and got another girl that looked just like the first, very sweet, hamster. When she came home she started hissing and showing her huge teeth to anyone that got near her. She was scary. Jake refused to go near her. A month later I smelled something awful. I told the boys they needed to change the cages. When we went to change the paper, the hamster was dead. That was the awful smell. No one in the house smelled it but me. Jake was happy he no longer had to care for a hamster.
Carsen's teacher vetoed his science project and after a couple weeks couldn't sleep with the hamster running on the wheel all night. The hamsters got moved to the spare bedroom where Carsen's hamster remains. He is only looked at once a week when his cage gets cleaned. Poor little guy. He is afraid of everything and runs away if anyone even tried to get near the cage. We are done with hamsters as soon as I can find this guy a home, or he dies.
No comments:
Post a Comment