Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School

Today was our first day of school. We spent yesterday afternoon getting our clothes ready and our back packs organized. Everyone even went to bed right on time.


This morning we turned on a little Blacked Eyed Peas and other assorted fun dance music to get up and excited for the day.



We ate the breakfast of champions (toaster strudels) and then went outside for our photo shoot.


We got to school with plenty of time to play on the play ground before Carsen had to line up with his class and Derek got to go upstairs to his class all alone and grown-up like.


Jake and I ran errands all day long. We had a great time just the two of us.

After school I helped with Carsen's class dismissal, it was only 109 degrees. When Carsen said goodbye to his teacher he said, "I had an awesome day!" and he jumped up and gave her a high-5. Derek said he had a good day and was just happy he only has to read for 20 minutes for homework. Carsen,on the other hand, has at least 40-50 minutes of homework from today until May.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i wish skool started to today 4 me instead of last week! ugh!
    brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. um carsen needs a new school with less homework - yikes!

    ps - love the pimp in the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boys!! And I love that Derek has the...um...well...you know...to wear that thing to school!! He's a stud!!

    Randi (his fav)

    ReplyDelete