Anthony and I went on a date tonight. First one in literally months. We we trying to remember the last time we were out alone and we couldn't even remember. We have been so busy with the kids and family that the time just flies by.
My super sweet niece Sydney drove herself over and took great care of the boys and the house while we were gone. She is even going to stay the night and hang with us in the morning.
So what did we do? I am sure the suspense is killing you! Well...
First, we drove to Lowe's and bought a new InSinkErator i.e. food waste disposer or garbage disposer.
After dropping a mere $250.oo, we moved on to dinner at Applebee's. We did the 2 for $20 meals and walked out of there for $34.00. Yes we had soda's, but no dessert. Our waitress was awesome so she deserved to be compensated fairly.
Next we picked up a couple items I need to borrow from my mom for sharing time tomorrow.
And finally, we stopped at Fry's for milk and got sucked into their by 10 get $5.00 off sale. Of course we had 12 items in our cart, so to "save" money, we found 8 more items we "needed" to hit our 20 items. Wow. We just needed milk that cost $39.00 (we did save $47.00).
All that accomplished in just 3 hours without kids.
I hate to say it, but it is just nice to have someone else do baths, stories, teeth, pills & tuck-in's. I get to go curl up in my bed with my hubby and I won't hear anyone yelling, "MOM!"
Thanks Syd. Date night rocks!
Whatever...date night schmate night. We should double date...since we'll be neighbors and all...maybe it will make me feel a bit happier about leaving Carol..??
ReplyDeleteRa
that actually sounds fun - to have someone to run errands with and chit chat...sure beats yelling at kids the whole time :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast :) What weeks do you do sharing time? We should share ideas :O)
ReplyDelete