So last night I had a bit of a scare. After work I was on the computer and talking to Robyn while she was on her way home from work. All of a sudden I had a horrible burning pain in my chest. I could hardly breathe with the heaviness I felt. Robyn suggested that I take some tums and some aspirin. I staggered over to the cupboard to see what I could take, but I didn't even have the energy to stand. Anthony helped me to the couch and I began to sweat fiercely. We decided to call 9-1-1 and waited for the paramedics. While we waited, the pain began to slowly subside.
Derek was so scared by the whole event, he grabbed my cell phone and called my 2 best sisters/friends. I was so happy he knows who will be there for him no matter what. While at the same time, Robyn called mom and dad and they rushed over.
After I was thoroughly checked over, the medical team decided to take me by ambulance to the hospital and Anthony followed right behind.
Once I arrived at the hospital, so did Randi and Robyn, even though they had a thousand things to do. The doctor ran tons of tests and I even got to have my first CT-scan. I ended up having low potassium and high white blood cell count. Nothing life threatening. Thank goodness. What a blessing. I will follow up with my family doctor tomorrow for further testing.
Anthony drove me home and when we arrived I found the most wonderful gifts.
Nana had helped the boys make these beautiful cards.
I love these cards so much, and the ones who made them even more.
oh that is super cute! great cards from your favorite boys and what a great grandma they have!!
ReplyDeleteDerek called me too!!!! Those cards are too cute! I love the (heart + burn = hospital)!!!!!
ReplyDelete