Sunday, October 11, 2009

On the road again...

So last week we were able to take the boys to California with the help of Super Sweet Sydney.

Syd and I spent all day packing the bags, the car and cleaning up the house. We picked up the boys a bit early from school so they would be ready to leave as soon as Anthony got home. I had the DVD player, Gus-Gus (GPS), I-Pod and cell phone all hooked up and ready to go. I had snacks and drinks and made sure everyone went potty. Right on schedule we were off and on our way.

I navigated and drove all the way to Temecula. We stopped once at Syd's for some pants (instead of shorts), once for root beer floats at Wendy's before we headed out, once at a rest stop for a potty break and then in Palm Valley for dinner with the Panda!







After dinner, I drove us through the pitch darkness up a very steep, mountainous, 2-lane highway, without guard rails and safely arrived at the Holiday Inn about 6 hours after we left home. I was so proud of myself and began to think of Cristel Handly. Mom used to talk about how impressed she was with all the things that Cristel could do. She thought she was a super woman. I thought, wow, I can do all those things too. I can do anything that I want to. I hope my mom is just as impressed with me, as she was Cristel.

No comments:

Post a Comment