Today my oldest son turned 10. Wow! Double digits.
When I think back to his birth, 10 years ago, I smile as I remember my first words. "I should have been nicer to my mom!" In one instant my world changed and I loved my son more than I could possibly even comprehend. Over the past 10 years my love has been tested, but continues to run deeper than ever imagined for my sweet, talented son. I love you Derek!
Enough of the mushy, mushy.
This morning Derek went off to school with donuts for his 4th grade class.
This evening Aunt Randi came over to babysit the little brothers while we went out to eat. The night before Derek was born we ate dinner at Red Lobster. Amazingly enough, Red Lobster has been his favorite restaurant and birthday location of choice, since he was 3! This year we had a change. Derek wanted to go to the Melting Pot.
Derek enjoyed 3 strawberry daiquiri's. He liked the first course of cheese, but loved the main course that included lobster, shrimp, steak and duck. He loved it all. He had fun making me all kinds of stuffed mushrooms. My favorite was the mushroom stuffed with the special cheese spread and lobster. YUM!
Finally, we had the flaming turtle for dessert. Derek loved that they set it on fire at the table. We had a wonderful waiter that brought Derek out 2 extra slices of cheesecake and a pile of extra bananas, since they were his favorites.
We had a wonderful dinner together.
Derek we love you so much. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to Derek :)...and wow...he looks so much like your dad and Ryan!
ReplyDeletewow! i want to have a birthday in your family! you guys did him well on his big golden birthday :)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday D!