Monday, May 3, 2010

Bisbee or Bust!

Our next trip destination was Bisbee, AZ.

When I was a child, I was able to come here with Amy Sheets to visit her grandma Leela. I remember that she had the smallest house in the side of the mountain. It was the house Amy's Dad grew up in. When we pulled into the city, it looked exactly the same as I remember from the 1980's.

Grumpaw drove us straight to the Queen Anne Mine where we were going to tour.

The boys had a chance to look around the yard and the building at all the old tools and machines before the tour began.


Once the guides were ready to go, we ALL got dressed up for the occasion.


We wore bright yellow jackets


A belt with a very heavy battery (which later de-pants Jake), that powered a very bright light at the end of a long chord.



And hard hats of course.



Next, we loaded onto a train and headed into the 42 degree copper mine.
Our tour and guide were both interesting and fun. We all had a good time learning about the mine, miners and history of the trade.

Besides Jake's jacket and pants falling off during the tour and Grumpaw freezing to death, we had a great time! The boys enjoyed it a lot!

1 comment: