Monday, October 4, 2010

All Shot Up

Last week Jake went in for his well-check with the doctor.  He has had a great year with only 1 breathing/asthma issue.  I think he may have out grown it!  Yeah!

Although he was a very healthy 42 lb and 44 inch tall boy, he had to get FIVE shots.

I didn't want to tell him ahead of time, so just before the nurse came to do the deed, I broke the news.

We were looking at a Highlights magazine and our conversation went like this:

Me:  Jake you are going to have to get a few shots so you will be ready to go to kindergarten.
Jake:  So.  I don't care.

We continued to find the hidden pictures when our conversation ccontinued.

Jake:What's a shot?
Poor guy had no idea what he was in for.

He was pretty brave, but after the first 2 in the right arm...


 some tears did flow during the next three.


Good news is that he is finished with shots until he is 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment