Today we woke up at 4:30am to get get dressed and pack our last few items for Hawaii! My dad picked us up at 5:10am, dropped Nana off to watch the sleeping boys and headed to Randi's. Once we secured her and Mike, we were off to Sky Harbor.
Once we arrived, we dropped off our bags at Hawaiian Airlines without a hitch and headed upstairs to our gate. We quickly made it through security, while Randi and Mike headed back down stairs for the proper boarding passes.
While we were waiting the hour or so to board the plane, the airline representative announced that there were first class seats available. Randi & Mike have talked about the amazing food, seating and treatment of first class for the last month, so I made Anthony go ask about the upgrade. It was only $789.00 for the two of us, so we declined and sat with the rest of steerage in the back.
The flight was not as bad as i thought. We had a spinach fritatta and a couple ounces of diet coke, when the captain announced that it was 5:30 am in Honolulu. I almost died! I don't get up this early, ever! But then the Twilight Saga: Eclipse movie began. Anthony and I watched and enjoyed the movie. That really helped pass the time. I also had a good book to read & Anthony had his i-pod touch to play games on. Since we were traveling on Halloween, all the airline employees were wearing cute costumes to make our flight even more memorable and fun. One guy had vampire teeth and contacts that made his eyes look funky.
We landed 45 minutes early into Honolulu, so we had a bit of a layover while we waited for our flight to Kona. When we got off the plane at our final destination I was surprised at the very warm temperature due to the high humidity, but I was so excited! The vacation of my dreams had finally come true and I was even with my favorite people!
I wanted someone to pinch me, but instead I got leid.
Next we got our bags and our rental car and drove south to our hotel, the Holua at Mauna Loa, and got checked in. The condo we were assigned had 1 room with a King bed and the other with 2 twins. Thankfully, Mike called and got us moved to a different condo complete with 2 King beds, but another 5 minutes from the parking garage. We figured the walk was worth the bed change, I guess we will see if that is the case at the end of the week.
Once we were settled in, we headed out to find some dinner. We ended up at Pancho's and Lefty's for some yummy Mexican Food. Since calories don't count on vacation, we topped our dinner with delicious fried ice cream. It is so nice to eat dinner next to the calm sounds and cool breeze of the Pacific Ocean.
Since we are old and lame, we headed back to our hotel and all crashed for the night. Who cares, we are in beautiful Hawaii!
No comments:
Post a Comment