Friday, December 17, 2010

It's My Christmas Miracle

This morning my phone rang over and over.  I was working and couldn't get to it.  After the third or fourth call I decided that it must be an emergency, so I ran to answer it.

Well it wasn't a real emergency, but my Dad had found me a piano!  He wanted to know if I wanted him to buy it for me and I said YES!

Ten years ago, I had to give Ryan back his piano from my Mom.  I have really missed that piano ever since.

Growing up my mom paid for me to have lessons for a year or two from Mrs. Wailey.  Later, I cleaned Linda Mecham's house in exchange for lessons.  I hated to play for others, but somehow Sister Pearson forced me to play for Sunday School opening exercises.  I was sick to my stomach every time it was my turn to play.  I was also shaking and ill every time I had to play in Young Women's.  No matter how much I practiced I always messed up.  I could never get it perfect for others, only for myself.

My mom always knew that when I needed time to calm down or be alone I would go and play the piano for myself.  I always told her not to listen, but I know it brought her happiness when I played.

Dad got a few men to help him and Gene deliver the piano to my house.  Anthony cleaned it for me.  A few of the keys weren't working properly so Anthony set to work to find out why.  I figured it was because it was old and needed fixed.  I was wrong.  Inside Anthony found a pencil, a pen, a pen cap, a large metal washer and a wood knob thingy.  Once they were removed, the piano worked great! 


Besides a piano tuning, we are good to go!


The boys were excited to try it out.  Derek even asked for lessons.


I sat at the piano and played a book full of Christmas songs.  After the boys went to bed I played again, just for me, and my mom.  I know she is as excited about my piano as I am.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...that just made my cry! How wonderful to have, and what wonderful memories of your mom to keep making :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that is the sweetest post!! i loved it.

    ps - i totally understand the music only being perfect for yourself - thats how it is for me - i ALWAYS mess up for other people.

    ReplyDelete