Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Total Eclipse of the ... Moon

Tonight Derek and I stayed up most of the night to watch the Lunar Eclipse.  We read about it on Facebook and decided to check it out. 

We watched for the "bite out of the moon"


We then waited for another hour or so and the moon was completely gone.


We waited another hour in anticipation of seeing the moon glow red.

We saw clouds.

So we waited another hour and still, lots of cloud cover and no glowing red moon.

At 2 am I gave up and Derek and I went to bed.

At 4 am and 5 am I got up and checked the moon, but still a sky full of clouds.


It was a major disappointment to lose sleep over something that never even happened, at least not that we saw.

I guess we will try again in the summer of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment