Last week I was able to go to Disneyland with Randi, Robyn & Sydney. Everyone thinks I go there too much, but I really don't believe that there could ever be too much Disneyland or too much time with your besties.
When I go out of town with my girls, it is a magical time of carelessness and rejuvenation. I need it to survive my hectic life of boys. Not just boys, but 3 boys with anxiety issues, 2 of those also have ADHD and sleep disturbance. I love them dearly and really try not to complain or feel like my life is harder than another's. Sometimes I just need a break. Who doesn't? I am blessed to make enough money only working 2.5 days a week because there is always so much for any mom to do and keep up with. When I was 13 I made a goal to become a speech therapist. I wanted to teach kindergarten like my mom, be she encouraged me to look at a job that I could work part time and make good money. She knew that speech therapists could make more money, as well as have a lot more job opportunities. Through a lot of hard work and support from my parents and Anthony, I completed the necessary training I would need to work in a huge variety of setting and make a good living. My mom was right and all these years later I am so grateful for the advice she gave me. The to-do list for a mother, wife, worker, sister, daughter and friend is endless, but hours in each day are. So back to the trip, the much needed reprieve.
This trip was especially great because Robyn gave it to me for my birthday. We were able to fly, stay in an awesome hotel on the concierge's level and get a 3 day park hopper! I was just responsible for my food. Robyn did some research before we went, so we knew where to eat and what we wanted to get. We ate at Cheesecake Factory (California Club & Blueberry Cheesecake), New Orleans Cafe (Monte Cristo & Beneighs), Carnation Cafe (meatloaf stack) and lots of other snacks that included Dole Whips, Churros, Homemade Peppermint ice cream in a waffle cone, Carmel apples, cinnamon rolls, hot cocoa, chimichangas, turkey legs, corn on the cob, corn dogs, mint julep and a few diet sodas. Itsounds like a lot, but we always share whatever we get 2 or 3 ways. That makes it fun and probably makes our mom proud.
Besides eat, we went on rides. We went on all of our favorites, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, Indian Jones, California Screamin', Toy Story and Soarnin' over California.
We saw all the shows. Aladdin, Fireworks, Fantasmic and World of Color even though it was FREEZING cold outside while we waited. The shows make the night so magical. I would love to just once have the perfect seat to watch each of the shows. Sometimes people and trees really get in the way.
The best part of any trip with the girls is the heavy doses of laughter that come with just a little dollop of pee in your pants. I couldn't ask for better friends then my sisters. I am SO grateful to have them. I couldn't do this life without them.
You work harder than anyone I know...and I hope I am half the mother you are. I love you so much...I would never make it without you. :) 4 miles rocks my world.
ReplyDelete4 miles is hell in my world. ha! (yes i am referring to the distance u and randi live from each other).
ReplyDeletedang, i cant believe i missed out on a trip that involved a little dallop of pee in your pants! drats.
that sounds like some amazing advice your mom gave to you!
i dont know how you do all you do, you are so pretty and amazing and pretty amazing!
How fun that you got to go, and how wonderful to have such great sisters :) You guys are awesome!
ReplyDelete