Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sleepovers

Derek had his birthday party this weekend beginning with football and a BBQ.  After dinner we loaded up and headed to jump street for a couple hours of trampolines and dodge ball.  Thank goodness for my friend/neighbor Lynn that came to entertain me.

Once we got home we had cake, ice cream and other treats.  A couple of the boys left about 10 and the rest of the boys, Jake & Carsen included, built a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows.

At midnight I insisted that Jake come in and go to bed.

At 2 I insisted that Carsen come in and go to bed.  He reluctantly agreed and came in with one of Derek's friends.  They went to sleep on the couch.  Meanwhile, Derek and his friend Alec were determined to sleep outside by the fire.   
At 5am, after a bit of sleep, I got up to check on the boys and this is what I found in the back yard...



And this is what I found inside.  Nathan, warm and asleep.


I finally found Carsen curled up next to Anthony in our bed.

At 8 I heard all the boys out in the back yard playing football.

At 10 Derek's friends went home and he cleaned up the backyard impeccably.

Even though there was a big mess, it was cleaned up.
Even though there was little sleep, all the boys were happy and got along without one fight.
It really was a good party.

1 comment:

  1. Still can't believe D is 11. Was he cold out there in his little tent?

    ReplyDelete