Sunday, February 13, 2011

Let's go to the snow...

 Last weekend we headed up to Flagstaff to play in the snow.  My awesome neighbor/friend Lynn let us use her family's cabin so we wouldn't have to rush.  There had been a snow storm at the beginning of the week, so I didn't even bother to check the snow status.  As we drove up the mountain, there was little to no snow along the side of the highway.  I started to worry a bit and Anthony started asking if I had made sure there was snow.  I said no, of course there is snow.  Well, at the cabin there was snow.  One pile of snow in the parking lot, and a few patches in the grass.


We were a bit disappointed, but the boys made the most of it. 

Derek snow boarded on a little hill. It was funny to see him trying to hop with the show board on. Sometimes he had one foot strapped in and the other hopping along.
It was hilarious.
 

Carsen made as many snow balls as he could.  He was the happiest boy looking for any bits of snow and ice.  Jake followed behind him looking for sticks and twigs.



Anthony made himself comfy with cupcake and took a nice afternoon nap.


In order to make better hills we needed shovels, so we headed to home depot.  The boys enjoyed driving the race cart around the store.  Why is it the adults always have to do all the work?


After dark we went into town for dinner and then headed home to sit by the fire and roast marshmallows.




After a peaceful nights rest, we cleaned the cabin and headed towards snow bowl.  There was plenty of snow there, but there were also a lot of skiers and snow boarders.

Eventually, we just pulled off the side of the road and let the kids play.









It was freezing cold and windy, but the boys and cupcake didn't seem to mind.  They could have stayed all day.  The adults, on the other hand, were ready to head home.

1 comment:

  1. I like Carsen's remaining football look. :) I need Lynn to be my friend/neighbor.. :)

    ReplyDelete