Today I sat down on the kitchen floor to wipe out the cabinet where the garbage can goes. Sitting down was a big mistake, big! huge! The nastiness under there, on the cabinet doors, and on the kick board was di-scus-ting! I don't even want to admit how long it has been since I cleaned out that particular cupboard. I wash the fronts of the upper cupboard all the time. I guess because they are at eye level. I can't figure out what the worst part of this is ...
1. I spent 90 minutes of my life feeling like I was Mike Rowe on dirtiest jobs.
2. No one in the world, but especially my family, will ever notice or appreciate that clean cupboard or any other clean thing in the house.
3. In about 5 minutes, someone will throw something away and it will be dirty once again. If it doesn't make it into the can or drips on it's way, no big deal.
This morning I already yelled at my kids about the messy conditions that we seem to live in more often than not. I told them that they go to school and learn from their teachers. They go over a subject once or twice and they learn a new concept. At home it is my job to teach them about many things too. One of which is cleaning up. I posed a question to Carsen. You have had at least 2,000 opportunities to learn to put your dirty clothes into the hamper when you take them off. Yet, everyday I still have to call you in to the bathroom or your bedroom to pick up your dirty clothes. Why? Why can't they learn to not be slobs. I have tried. Heaven knows that I have. I guess I am just a big failure. Maybe by try 20,000 they will get it. I won't hold my breath. I will just spend the rest of my life giving orders and constantly picking up the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment