Monday, June 20, 2011

"I'm Pregnant" (2/6)

Once we arrived in Vegas and found our hotel, we checked in.  I knew I wanted to have fun, but weighing on the back of my mind was, "Is Randi pregnant?"  I knew that if the test was negative, i would only want to go home I had so many thoughts running through my mind.  But the show must go on.  So, the girls waited for me while I checked us in.  As I walked back over to them I was thinking about Randi and it dawned on me that my face looked very concerned, definitely not happy.  Kari noticed right away.  So being the joke-ster that I am I said. "They gave a room with only 1 King bed and there are no other rooms available.  I couldn't keep the lie in long.  I started laughing and so did they.  When we got up to our room on the 15th floor, I put the card in and opened the door to our beautiful 2 bed accommodations...only to find out there was only 1 king bed.  We all laughed so hard that my lie wasn't a lie, it was reality.  We called the front desk and they switched our room  immediately.

Once we got settled I told the girls that I wanted to get out on the town, but I was too anxious.  I needed to hear from Randi.  They understood and were excited as well.  Then finally it happened, the phone rang. 


I grabbed it and it was Rob's number.  My stomach dropped.  Why would he be calling?  After a second, the phone died. Oh my heck!  I needed to talk to Randi.  So I dialed the number back.  I was pacing and sitting and standing when she said, "What are you doing on February 16?"


That is what I said.  I was so happy for Randi and Mike.


As we talked I moved all around the room.  Filled with such excitement.



Everyone else was pretty excited too!


I am so thankful that Kari grabbed her camera so that Randi could see my reaction to her news.  I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. I love this pictures of pure love and joy for her news! They are the best :) Looks like you have a fun trip too!

    ReplyDelete