Friday, June 17, 2011

Second Fun Friday

For our second "Fun Friday" of the summer, we headed down to a cool fish store at I-17 and Thomas.  Randi had a complete heart attack when she found out where we were going.  She told me to get out of there because that was her old beat and there was a lot of bad people/stuff.  She told me that I should only be there with a gun.  Well, I forgot my glock at home, but we were already there and going in anyway.  It was mid-morning sunlight and we watched our surroundings carefully.  Once in the store we had a great time exploring the hundreds of fish in tanks and ponds.  They boys were so good and had a great time.


Carsen's favorite fish was the eel.


Jake's favorite was the huge red-tailed catfish


And Derek loved the koi in the pond.

My boys love fish so much, I just don't get it. 

After we left the Ghetto, we headed further south to 10th Ave and Grant.  Now this area makes the the fish area look like the Scottsdale Princess.  We go there once a year to Excel ice cream to get our summer treats.  This store sells everything that is on an ice cream truck at wholesale prices.  It is open to the public, and we are public, so we headed in!  Each boy picked a box of treats and mama got 3.  YUM!

For example...
18 bullet pops $2.80 (ice cream truck price $2 each or more)
18 root beer float Popsicles 2.80 (ice cream truck price $2 each or more)
18 Bugs Bunny Popsicles 4.20 (ice cream truck price $3 each or more)

You get my drift, totally worth the danger!  It all sounds so dangerous and scary, but I was observant and never worried for our safety for one minute.  At night, it would be a totally different story.  For the record, I was forbidden to go back without an armed guard (ie Randi) to either location.

1 comment:

  1. I am your armed guard...and I wish I could go on your Fun Fridays. :) ...Randi

    ReplyDelete