Last Friday we loaded up the mom mobile at 10:00am with Jake, Carsen, Derek and Alec and headed East to Amazing Jake's in Mesa. Once we got there, Margene dropped Brennan off for our fun filled day.
Amazing Jake's is a huge, indoor facility that has laser tag, rock climbing, goofy golf, a bowling alley, rides, bumper cars, go carts, games and an all-you-can-eat buffet.
The boys had a great time on the rides, but also loved the bumper cars. Thanks to an unlimited, all day pass, they could go as many times as they wanted on anything in the place. After a couple hours, I parked myself in a nice comfy booth and started on my to-do list. The boys came to eat and check in every little while. We were also surprised with a visit from our cousin Greg. He works there and came into work a few hours early to hang out with our crew. He spent a couple hours driving the boys around in the go carts, since no one else was tall enough to be a driver. He also came over and checked on me quite often and we had a lot of laughs and fun talks.
After 8 hours of fun and food, we decided that we had better head home. The boys and I were exhausted when we arrived home at almost 9:oopm. Derek, Jake and Alec tried to stay up and watch TV, but I found them fast asleep a short while later.
After turning off the house lights and locking the doors, I went in to check on Carsen and Brennan. Sweet little Carsen was sound asleep...
Or almost asleep...
Or wide awake and goofing around with his best buddy Brennan, long after I called lights out.
We had a very fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment