Friday, August 26, 2011

Granite Hot Springs



On our last full day in Wyoming, we decided to check out a natural pool that Regina told us about.  We drove down  very long, bumpy dirt road for about 10 miles.  As I watched out the window all I could think about was how beautiful this place was.  How could there be so much beauty down one dirt road.  I wished we could have driven down every dirt road in the state just to see all the amazing wildlife, rivers, streams, waterfalls, trees and flowers.  The blue sky was littered with big fluffy white clouds.  It was like a dream.


Just before the hot springs was a beautiful waterfall.  We didn't hike down to it, but we enjoyed it's beauty from afar.


Most of the party was too chicken to get into the pool, but Raelynn, Nana and I went in with the boys.


The water was warm, but here was one area where the water came into the pool that was covered in thick algae.  That freaked me out.  I accidentally touched it with my toe and I was done. 


After that I just stayed in the shallow end with Raelynn.


I have always wanted to go in a hot spring and now it is checked off my bucket list.

looking across the hot springs from the road.

looking into the pool from the steps

No comments:

Post a Comment