This year for Anthony's birthday we made our way up to Flagstaff for a child-free weekend of bliss. On Friday night, we dropped off the boys at Randi and Mike's house and then drove north.
We slept late om Saturday and then ventured out for lunch and some shopping. When we returned to the house, we took a nap...ah...the joys of having no children. We weren't hungry for dinner until late, so we ended up at Arby's...since everything closes early up there.
On Sunday morning, we slept late...skipping breakfast. For the birthday lunch, we headed out to Oregano's. We had another nap...I scrap-booked and Anthony played on the iPad. He loves Words with Friends and had three games going at once. He uses my username, so everyone thinks it's me, but it's not...it's Anthony.
We woke up early on Monday and headed back to Phoenix. We had some things to take care of while the boys were at school, so we figured we should get home and get to it.
We always have such a great time reconnecting on our little weekend get-a-ways together. I don't know how people survive kids and life with no break and no time away to enjoy the company of the one you married...away from the stresses of life.
I love you, Anthony! Happy Birthday! I can't wait to celebrate many, many more with you!
Oh Man! Ryan uses my facebook name too! I thought he was the only one... Glad you guys could have a nice weekend. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteMichelle