Saturday, December 31, 2011

Flag Football, the final chapter

The past 3 years Derek has played flag football in a special after school program.  This year Derek was chosen to be 1 of 8 team captains out of 90 kids that play.  He named his team the "Cowboys".  He showed great leadership and sportsmanship and we couldn't have been more proud of him.  He is a great athlete, leader and friend.  Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of good pictures of him and no video, because some of his plays were amazing!  On several occasions, including the last game that these pictures are from, he made a touchdown from the initial kick off.  He was fast and had some good moves.  Go Derek and all your Cowboys!


 





1 comment:

  1. Awh man that sucks about the no pis and video.....the only game I missed all season cuz I was in Vegas for nationals with emma, Eli scored two touchdowns....the only two he ever scored :( and every time he would make a good play we missed it, but we got him running the wrong way on the field, yippee! Ha ha! Oh well.

    Way to go Derek!

    ReplyDelete