He was proud of himself and so was I.
As is our tradition, we headed out to Peoria Sports Complex to watch our annual Padres Game.
This year I went to the stadium to purchase tickets for the seats that I wanted. As you can see below, we had the front row seats, right above the Padres Dugout. We were right at the doorway where the players walk in and out of the dugout.
Derek was the lucky one because he caught a game ball and a shirt. The boys had all they could eat of ball park food from Nachos to Burgers to Hot Dogs to Cotton Candy and Icees.
(The boys really liked that the base coach had all the players' batting gear on his arms.)
Not to be a whiner, but I didn't enjoy this activity too much. Carsen missed his Concerta and was therefore acting a bit wild. That led to constant bickering between Carsen and Jake. I wanted to beat them both, but held back because of the public forum. The weather was freezing cold & windy, for AZ, so that made Carsen and Jake complain even more. To top it all off, I brought everyone food and drinks during the game. My hands were too full, so I didn't order anything for myself. When the boys went to the concessions with Anthony several times, they never bothered to bring me anything. Even after complaining.
After the game, the boys had a good time doing a little photo session with the giant baseball.
I tried to fake a smile for the photo, but when we were in the car I made sure everyone knew that I was going to my room and shutting the door when I got home.
And I did. The next day I felt much better, but I think next year there will only be 2 or 3 tickets bought for Spring Training.
My favorite part was the fake smile for a pic and then going to your room, awesome!
ReplyDelete