Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hunger Games

A month or so ago, my wonderful, hilarious neighbor Lynn came over to visit me.  OK so she came to hold Cody, but I pretended that she came to see me.  Anyway, during her visit she told me she was reading the Hunger Games books and suggested that I read them.  I told her that I really didn't like that kind of book, so no thanks.  She insisted that I should read it.  She said that she couldn't put the books down and that was a lot because she wasn't a big reader.  Her cute 13 year old daughter had read them all multiple times and shared her love of the books.  Then, Derek told me he was reading the book at school.  So I caved and took the book.

It sat on my counter for a couple of days before I had a chance to pick it up and read.  And read I did.  I read all 3 books in the series over the next week.  I couldn't put it down and I even made Lynn give me book 3 to read before she had a chance to finish it.  The books are so well written and so engaging.  I am so glad that I read them for myself and so I could help Derek with his homework and questions.

It just so happens that a few weeks after I finished the book, the first movie was released.  Nana Carlys found us tickets to a 7pm show the night before the midnight opening, so Derek invited his friend Nathan and the 4 of us went to the movies.  To no one's surprise, I like the books better than the movie, but I had a fun time with my boy, Nana and Nathan.


No comments:

Post a Comment