Monday was a crazy day. Derek had to be at skate camp at 8:30 am in Mesa, so at 7am I woke up my 3 boys, bella, emily, mckenna & hayden. We were loaded and on the road at 7:40am. We arrived a few minutes early to skate camp, but I made a few calls and then took him in to Kids that Rip skatecamp.
Once I was back in the car, I drove Regina's kids to their summer school program that started at 9:00 in Gilbert. They too were right on time.
I was planning on spending the next 3 hours running errands before picking up the kids up from summer school at noon, but then as I drove across Elliott, it occured to me that I should take the kids to see their great grandma Joyce. I usually visit her while my boys are in school and of course Ryan's girls live too far away for any kind of regular visit, so we stopped. We were just going to stay for a few minutes, but she was so lonely and we had such a nice visit. Before I knew it 2 hours had passed and we had to go!
Once I was back in the car, I drove Regina's kids to their summer school program that started at 9:00 in Gilbert. They too were right on time.
I was planning on spending the next 3 hours running errands before picking up the kids up from summer school at noon, but then as I drove across Elliott, it occured to me that I should take the kids to see their great grandma Joyce. I usually visit her while my boys are in school and of course Ryan's girls live too far away for any kind of regular visit, so we stopped. We were just going to stay for a few minutes, but she was so lonely and we had such a nice visit. Before I knew it 2 hours had passed and we had to go!
I needed to go meet Randi before getting the Grossarth kids because she had our tickets for Amazing Jakes. How could we miss that? I drove like a crazy woman toward tempe and she drove to meet me from down town. We did the world's fastest ticket exchange and then I raced back to Gilbert.
We had 15 minutes to spare so I ran one errand in Target that took 11 minutes and we got to the school right on time. Once all 6 of the kids were secured, we headed to Amazing Jakes. The kids played and I did some work for the next 3.5 hours. We didn't realize that the tickets we bought were good for the entire day so all the kids voted to go back to Amazing Jakes after we picked Derek up from Skatecamp.
We raced down Gilbert road and picked Derek up at 4pm and then turned around to head back to Amazing Jakes. As we were getting out of the car, sweet little McKenna said, "Aunt Chelle, I puked." in a very soft voice. Yes she did! We called Regina, who decided to come and pick up her 2 kids. Hayden had swim team anyways.
The kids headed inside until Regina arrived and then I was able to clean the puke out of my car. I had just settled into my booth when Nana Carlys called and reminded me that she was picking up the girls at 7 for a sleep over with their best friends! Oops. I forgot.
And it wasnt a quick fix. I had to round up all the kids and let them eat dinner. Then we had to take Derek & all his stuff over to Carol & Jared's where he was spending the week. Once he was deposited we had to drive all the way home. We were late. We pulled in the driveway at 7:45pm and Nana was right behind us ready to swoop up the girls for their next adventure.
After almost 200 miles and 12 hours, I unloaded the car and then repacked it for my 8am appointment the next morning!
Geez.....Glad I was working!! :) At least you didn't have Blip!! You are not only THE best sister (EVER)....you are the most amazing Aunt too.
ReplyDeleteAmen to randi's comment :)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow thats a lot of driving around!! You're such a nice mom and aunt
ReplyDelete