Although we would have liked the trip to last forever, we knew it would eventually have to end. The jobs were waiting, school would be starting and the money was definitely running out!
Before we left Utah we were blessed with one last surprise, Grandma Joyce. Grandma was up in Utah visiting her brother Sammy, who was very sick in the hospital. We were able to meet her at IHOP for breakfast before she headed to visit Sammy and we headed home. When she arrived she looked like a million bucks, like she always does. She is the best dressed 87 year old in the world. No matter where she goes she looks like a million bucks. When she walked in to the restaurant she was wearing black pants with tiny white polka dots, a white short sleeve sweater and black & white accessories; shoes, necklace, purse and chunky bracelet. She was darling.
We enjoyed our visit for 90 minutes or so and then we needed to get on the road. We took a few pictures, hugged goodbye and headed south on I-15.
We traveled down I-15 to highway 153, to highway 89. We made a quick stop at The Three Bears Cottage in Kanab for some delicious homemade huckleberry ice cream in a waffle cone. Although we were still a long way from home, we were excited to see our last state sign.
Our drive through Kaibab National Forest was cool and beautiful and as we descended from the mountains, we were greeted by this beautiful sight. It wasn't ocean or forest, lake or stream, but it was beautiful.
After countless hours and 4306.0 miles we finally arrived back home where Anthony was anxiously awaiting our arrival. Traveling is fun, but coming back home is complete.


Oh I wish I would have known you were in Utah! I would have met you anywhere, even for a few seconds...and I would have loved to see Grandma Joyce :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip you had, you made it to so many states! Sounds like we were in Utah at the same time, too bad we didn't pass each other driving home.
ReplyDelete