Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School 2012-2013

The summer went faster than ever and the school year came up quicker than any of us wanted.  I know most moms want school to start, but this year I didn't.  We all enjoyed sleeping in, doing activities and when I needed to run errands, Derek was there to watch the boys.  I loved our trips and I loved our days home.  But, time won't stand still...




Derek began 7th grade at Terramar School.  He woke up excited for his new challenge.  He got ready without any helps or reminders.  I drove him to the school and he jumped out, schedule of classes in hand.  He didn't want a hug, a kiss or even a wave goodbye. 




Jake, my baby boy, began 1st grade.  He was up just after Derek.  He was so excited to go to the big building and the big play ground.  Jake is my best morning kid.  He always gets up and gets ready to go quickly and all by himself.   




The 2 early risers.




Carsen is now my big 4th grader.  While his 2 brothers were out front taking pictures, he was refusing to get out of bed.  When he finally got up he got ready quickly, but had a hard time picking out breakfast.  For some reason he always wants Mac N Cheese.  Yuck.  I guess something is better than nothing.






Carsen was a little nervous when we got to school. He didn't want to play on the play ground because he wasn't sure where to leave his back pack. We found out, when the bell rang, that he just walks himself into the building and heads up stairs to his class with the awesome Mrs. Fitz. No hugs, no kisses, just a nervous wave and a forced smile.




Jake was super excited when he got to school.  He was the one that I thought would be nervous, but he was calm and ready to go with his friends and his new teacher, Mrs. Reyes.  I did get a big hug and a huge smile when he told me I could go. 

I walked back to my car and started my never ending "To Do" list.


That afternoon when I began the pick up rounds, Derek was happy and had a good day.  He had a few friends at his new school and seemed to like it over all.  Carsen & Jake were both happy too.  We celebrated at Yogurtology and then went swimming at Randi & Mike's.


1 comment: