Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's a Big Surf kind of day

While we were on our last stretch of our road trip I got a text from my friend Margene encouraging me to look at a deal that was being offered online for Big Surf.  At that I moment my first thought was, "I have been vacationing for a month, I really shouldn't."  But then the real me pushed through to the surface and I went online, checked out the deal and bought some tickets. 
 
Margene and I planned our adventure for Saturday morning, bright and early.  Derek invited his friend Josh, Carsen & Brennan had each other, as well as Jake, but we had an extra ticket so we invited Mac, as former neighbor and nice friend to all the boys.  We knew we wanted to be there when the place opened to get our chairs in the shade and we arrived with enough time to get everyone sprayed with sun screen before entering the park.
 
 
 
 
The mom's mostly enjoyed talking and reading in our lounge chairs, but we also took pictures, went in the wave pool and helped out a kid or two when needed.
 
 
 
Carsen & Jake stuck together all day.  The enjoyed catching the waves in on the rafts and also tried out several slides.  Jake decided that he is no longer in need of the kid section, he can ride all the big slides.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Josh & Derek rode in more waves than I could keep track of.  They had a great time.  They did wander over to a few slides, but loved the wave pool best.

 
 
 
Derek rode on the front of the raft and got dumped.

 
Josh rode on the front and he too got dumped.  It was pretty funny to see how surprised he was when he went down.

 
All 6 boys are such great kids and get along so well.  They made the day so enjoyable.

 
Carsen, Brennan, Mac & Jake

 
The boys loved to try out the snack bar of course.
 
 
My boys both chose frozen lemonade, which is not what I would have guessed.  Derek yes, these two, no.  They will always have a surprise for me I guess.
 

After 6 hours of fun in the sun, we headed to Dave & Busters for dinner and some inside games.  The boys had a great time, won lots of tickets and all got a great prize. 
 
The fun didn't end there...once we got home Margene took Brennan, Carsen & Mac to her house for a sleepover and I kept Derek, Jake & Josh for an all night video game fest.
 
I am glad I bought those tickets because we had an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment