Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas Morning started way too early for my liking.  As soon as one of the boys wakes up, he wakes up all the others.  Jake came in about 4 am to get us up, but we stalled him until 630 or 7.  Regardless, it was too interrupted and too short.  I video taped the boys opening their gifts, so I didnt take a single picture.  Dang it!  Derek was super excited to open an iPhone 4S and so was Carsen.  Jake was super excited to open the new iPad Mini.  We are all so blessed.  We ate a small breakfast and played with all the new toys and gadgets until it was time to get ready to go to Robyn's.

We all gathered at Robyn's house on Christmas afternoon. We really did miss Regina and her family, but were blessed with Sydney and Neal for the majority of our visit. Family gatherings at Robyn's house NEVER disappoint. If she doesn't go all out and a little overboard...she doesn't go at all.




We started with brunch. Grandma Dianne's coffee cake, Regina's cinnamon rolls, fresh turkey, a ham, hash brown casserole, eggs, rolls, sweet potatoes and all kinds of goodies! There was a ton of food...and it was all fantastic. When Bill is in charge of the kitchen, you know the calories will be worth it.





We ate, talked and laughed for a long time...and then it was time for a few gifts. Robyn surprised Randi and me with an ornament from Oregon. We didn't find one to buy on our trip last summer, so she found these to make up for it. :)


We all got gift cards for dinner from Grandma Joyce, and cards from my dad with a dinner invitation. Since my parents started their mission earlier this year we have not been able to spend much time with them.


They are so busy and so tired...there just isn't time for much else. My dad is working WAY too hard, and I'm sure this mission will be the death of him. I'm thankful their one year commitment is ending by June of 2013. My dad would never quit and he would never not do his "job" 100%, but that doesn't mean he should have to work so many hours without any real help. He just wants to be retired and relax in his chair, but I think this one year commitment was a nice change for both my dad and Carlys. After 35+ years working as a probation officer, sitting is his recliner is something he deserves.



Anyway...it will be nice to spend some time with him.







Robyn and I SPOILED Blip rotten! He seemed to LOVE the toys he got from us...and we loved to sit and play with that cute boy.  Sydney got him a fun bath toy...Blip loves the bath. 






We finished opening gifts and started our Minute To Win It competition. Robyn prepared 15 games, divided us into teams, and had everything we needed ready to go. We had SO much fun! I hope this is a new Christmas tradition...or any holiday, really. I have all the pictures, but can't remember all the names...





















































































 
 
Christmas went by way too fast...again, but I loved every minute of it.  I'm thankful for the birth of our Savior and for the sacrifices made by him throughout his life for each of us. I am thankful for my parents, and for the example they each set for me. I miss my mom more every single day, but I am thankful that I got her for my first 20 years of life. She made our holidays and birthdays so special. I hope to make special memories for my family the way my mom did for her family. She left a lasting impression on each of her children, left us with some fun traditions, and luckily she left six of us (and my dad) to take care of one another when she no longer was able. She is the reason Christmas is so special to me...I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment