Last weekend Margene, Randi and I took our boys and Jake's friend Ryland to the
Starlight Christmas at the Railroad Park
for a special activity. They had the whole place covered in lights and it was so pretty.
There was a wooden train that the boys never wanted to leave, although Jake hit is head extremely hard on it and I thought he might need to go to the ER for and MRI or something. He ended up being pretty brave and made it through.
We were able to take a very long train ride into the dark dessert to look at lights.
We all had a fun time, but the moms were a bit sore from holding on all that time.
Then each of the kids was able to visit with Santa. Since it wasn't busy, he spent a long time talking to each boy.
Next we went over and looked at several different model trains. The boys were able to each take a turn and drive this train.
Cody got there a little late, but he loved to just watch the boys run around outside. He also enjoyed that Aunt Chelle gave him his very own big cookie.
There were cookies and cocoa free for everyone.
I thought that the boys would be "bored" and want to leave, but we ended up staying for 2 hours, until they closed.
We even saw our friends the Maznio's there and the boys had a good time with their friends too.
I think that this place will be our newest Christmas tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment