Sunday, February 10, 2013

Teenage Party Time

How could my baby already be 13?  This is a question I ask my self often.  Along with, why did I think the terrible 2's were so tough? and How could girls be harder? and Who thought it was a good idea to procreate?  Putting all those unanswerable questions aside we were able to celebrate making it through the last 13 years and prayed that we would all make it alive through the next 13 years.
 
Although I loved throwing the kids big, crazy parties when they were little, I really loved having a small party for self-sufficient big kids.
 
 
Derek's friends John, Clifford, Nathan and Alec were able to come over to celebrate.
 
I took the boys to Jump Street for a couple hours and when we returned home Anthony had burgers and hot dogs grilled to perfection for everyone to eat.  The boys ate, played ball out back and played video games.  About 10pm we had cake and gifts before John and Clifford had to leave.
 
 
Nana made Derek the plain cake that he asked for and even added a cool fish.  Perfect for Derek. 
 
 

 
Nathan and Alec spent the night with Derek.  They ate and played video games most of the night.  The next day the 3 of them went fishing at Rio Vista for several hours until they were too tired to see straight.  The boys all had a great time and Derek had a very happy 13th birthday. 


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's 13. I can't believe you are old enough to have a teenager!! haha....just kidding. Love that Derek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek, 13??? Wow! It's been too long since I last saw that boy! Amazing! Congratulations, you have been a wonderful and incredible mom for 13 years! Derek is a lucky kid!

    ReplyDelete