Way back in January Carsen and I were driving around and he said something like, "I wish I could have a really great party like Billy had last year.' I said, "Like what?" He replied, "One with a hot tub and a huge slide that goes into the pool. Oh and the snow cones and popcorn and nachos!"
So I sent Robyn and message and she was delighted to make Carsen's dream come true. Scheduling was the hardest part. Between Robyn's travels and all the boys and their friends schedules, it was a bit crazy, but we worked it all out!
I reserved the slide and snow cone machine first and then got to work with the Carsen's Ultimate Sponge Bob Birthday Party!
Even though I hate Sponge Bob and think he is oh so stupid, Carsen loves him and so he became part of our water theme.
Robyn was awesome and set up the house and all the decorations while I was at Jake's baseball game. After the game Anthony took Derek and his friend Nathan to get the balloons and head over to the Hawkins. Once there he and Bill set up the balloons and prepped the food. I ran home and loaded up the Yukon with tons of kids and then drove over to the party!
We decided to make it a Rodgers family affair since Ryan's kids were in town.
Margene had no idea that she would be a life guard when she agreed to come and celebrate with her second son.
Everyone swam and ate for hours. The kids played and got along so well.
All the sponge bob candy was a hit, as well as the snow cones!
Carol brought her boys over to join the wild rumpus, even though poor Tyson had just broken his arm and could not get in the water.
He didn't complain once and was a happy little camper with his iPad.
Nana made another amazing cake, even though when Carsen gave her the picture he had researched online, she said it was too hard. I think she actually did better than that one and I know it tasted better.
I am so thankful for my second son. I love him for all the help that he gives me and all the laughter he brings into our home. I have no idea how my sweet baby boy could already be 10!
Little did we know that this would be the last family party on Fairmount. I am so thankful that Robyn and Bill let us in their home to have this awesome party and help us so much!
Once again another good party by the Rodgers girls!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean last party on fair mount?