Monday, May 20, 2013

Jake's Golden Birthday; number 7

This year Jake decided on "Lego" being the theme of this years birthday.  So off to Pintrest I went to find some ideas.  I found some great ideas and so my work began.  I spent every free moment, preparing, organizing, making, finding, working on this awesome birthday party.
 
Thank goodness Anthony spent the 2 days before getting the yard in tip-top shape!  While Anthony cleaned outside, I cleaned inside from top to bottom.  Home parties are so much work!  But in the end, I definitely thought it turned out well.
 
   
 
The photos are kind of lacking, but Carlys and I did run ragged trying to keep the party running smoothly for 15 kids.
 
The first activity the kids did was design their own Lego face.  We used the faces later in the party for Pin the Head on the Lego guy.  They also each took a guess at how many Legos I had in a jar.
 
 
While we got that done, the kids played on the swing set and played football in the yard.  Once everyone had arrived, the kids all made their own Lego cars.  They had a blast!  The cars were then raced down the ramp!  They had so much fun.



 
Most of the boys wanted to play more football, but we had Lego bracelets to make.  Just about everyone ended up making one.
 
Nana Carlys worked like a dog getting all the food put together for dinner and Grumpaw went and picked up the pizza.  The kids ate pizza, fruit, veggies, chips and other assorted treats!  

 
Dinner was followed by the homemade Lego piñata and a riveting game of Pin the Head on the Lego Man.




The party time flew by so we had to hurry and sing to the birthday boy and eat this yummy cake!


 
Presents didn't get opened until the party end time had long since come and gone.  When the parents came to get their kids, they all just stayed and hung out.  The weather was beautiful and we had a great time talking to friends while the kids continued their crazy football game.

 
After the last family had gone, I forced Nana and Grumpaw to go home.  By the time I hugged them goodbye and returned to the backyard, ANthony and Derek had cleaned up the back yard.  I was too tired to clean up that huge mess and I was so thankful that he had just gotten it done, but I didn't get to get any pictures of all the super cute decorations.  Oh well!  Jake had a blast and that is all that really matters.  Happy Birthday Jake!

No comments:

Post a Comment