Ever since Regina told us about her temple (Gilbert Temple) getting the Angel Moroni put on top, we have looked forward to our temple (Phoenix Temple) getting to that stage too. I told Nana Carlys that she had better let us know when the mission office get any intel. She came through and called us the night before it was supposed to be placed.
The time was unknown, but it was supposed to be in the morning. Nana went over at 8 am on a stake out. I let the boys stay home from school for the event, if they helped me clean. So after sleeping in until 9, we cleaned hard for an hour before getting Polar Pops and heading over to the temple sight to join Nana.
We waited and waited.
Finally the workers and 2 cranes put on the top decorative stone piece.
Once that was perfectly placed, we waited again.
It was dang hot and I had to get to work. I was getting very anxious and worried that I had kept the boys home unnecessarily. But then the Angel appeared.
We watched as he ascended into place.
By the time it was close, I was more than late for work.
We had to leave right before it was placed, but the boys were patient and enjoyed watching the huge, golden Angel Moroni be lifted and placed on the top of our new temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment