I have always wanted a beautiful bedroom set, but never really wanted to invest in one; especially when we had a perfectly good bed and dresser set that Anthony had before we got married. The only problem with it was that it was very 80's, oak and masculine. So this is the story of how the new furniture came to be...
The boys each needed a new dresser. I wanted tall sturdy dressers, not long or cheap dressers. So Anthony and I began to look. We quickly realized that what we wanted was almost $1000 each. We really didn't want to buy the boys nice new dressers that we knew they wouldn't take good care of. That is when I told Anthony we should just give the boys our dressers and we should get the new ones. I was kind of half joking, but he quickly agreed.
Once I picked the dressers that I loved, I told Anthony that we really should get a new bed so that it all matched. Again, to my amazement, he agreed.
After much discussion, we gave up the waterbed frame for a beautiful new bed.
I love to be in my beautiful new room. I love how it looks, but I wasn't prepared for how much dust it collects. I am adjusting to my weekly chore of dusting the furniture. It is much easier to do when I love it so much. And the boys are perfectly content with their older, oak dressers that they leave open with clothes hanging out. Totally a win, win situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment