Sunday, October 6, 2013

Rain Gutter Regatta 2013

My latest calling at church is Cub Committee Chair, which means that I am a paper pusher and an overall helper for pack meeting.  I am so happy to work with the chair person from Arrowhead Ranch Ward, John Davis, because he is super organized and helps me a ton.  The 2 of us just kind of step in and help where ever is needed.  Our last pack meeting was the annual Rain Gutter Regatta.  John and I realized that we didn't have decorations or prizes planned after our last meeting, so I took the reigns and went on Pintrest for some ideas.  I found some really cute ideas and set out to re-create them.  I had zero luck with re-creating, but I came up with a few cute ideas on my own, that seemed to actually work.  The cutest thing ended up being the trophies. 
 

 
I think they turned out really cute, thanks to Anthony's awesome spray painting abilities.


 
Carsen and Anthony made his boat a few days before the race.  At the race Carsen blew his little heart out.  He ended up winning all three of his preliminary races, but due to a technical computer error, he was left out of the final race.  For some reason, they didn't re-race when the error was discovered, they just gave Carsen the Bronze Trophy.  He was understandably very upset, but was brave about the whole thing.
 
 
 
He totally deserved the Gold, and I think his Dad might magically turn his trophy into Gold!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment