Jake's pick was the Alpine Slide. He spotted it when we first arrived in Keystone. We were all looking for Mount Rushmore and Jake could only see the huge slide. Derek waited in the car, which was fine with me, because that saved me $30. It was so expensive, but it was totally worth it.
We took the chair lift up to the top of the mountain. I thought Carsen would be scared, because of the height, but he did great.
Once we got to the top there was a view of Mount Rushmore.
(see the head on the far left side of the mountains)
There was a little place to get food and drinks, but the boys were just eager to go down the slide.
I had to force them to get a few little photos.
I thought that this was a 2 person ride, but I was wrong. Carsen and Jake went all alone first. Once they were on their way, Sydney and I headed down. We "raced" even though it was not allowed and I think I was winning the entire race, until right at the end. Sydney finally decided to lay off the breaks right where the slow down section began. When we got off the boys were all smiles and asked if we could do it again. Unfortunately, it was too pricey and we had a lot of places to hit! They even volunteered to go up without me, they must have really wanted to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment