Sunday, January 12, 2014

DL2013 - Day 1


Our first day was planned to be a slow-paced day until we picked up Regina from the airport.  We slept in, got ready, and hit a few stores before Regina's plane landed.  We made our way to the Disneyland Hotel and headed to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner.



I like the dining with Characters idea, and I think Goofy's Kitchen is pretty decent food.  Especially for a buffet.  I like the elimination of waiting in lines to meet some/most of the characters.  











After we ate dinner, we walked through Downtown Disney and went to Disneyland.  I'm not 100% sure what the entire "plan" for the night was, but that plan was sorta ruined when Raelynn let us know that she did not want to be there.  Say what!?  



I absolutely LOVE Disneyland.  HATE the cost, but love Disneyland.  So Disneyland at Christmas time is pretty much the best thing ever. We were walking down Main Street when the tree/castle lighting took place.  All the lights dim, the Castle lights up…the tree lights up…it snows…it's magical.  I love it.



We found a spot to watch the fireworks and parked ourselves. Robyn and I were able to convince Raelynn to be happy long enough to make it through fireworks…and then we left.  I was pretty disappointed.  It cost about $78 to watch fireworks…with no snacks. 




We parked at the Disney Hotel, so we walked back through the lobby to get our car.  There was a huge gingerbread house on display…we stopped to get a fun picture.  A nice couple was walking by and offered to take our picture.  He snapped a couple pictures and as we started to move he said he should take one more to be sure.  So he did.  We thanked him…and as he was walking away he told us to make sure and check the pictures he took.  We did check them…and laughed our butts off.  He and his wife laughed and told us to have a Merry Christmas.  One of the funniest things ever…so simple, but so funny.  I have to remember to do this in the future.



It is what it is.  We left and went back to the hotel.  Plans were firmed up for the next days events and we all went to bed.



p.s. Notice all of our matching sweatshirts.  Robyn had those made for us…and they were awesome!!  The warmest sweatshirt I've ever had.  That thing saved my life.  This was the coldest trip we've experienced in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment